Image Map

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Bridge to 10K - Week 1, Day 3

What a hectic few weeks it has been!  Between the storms, family visiting for Saro's sisters wedding (which was amazing), work, etc.  Last night we went down to the track for Week 1, Day 3 of Bridge to 10K.  Again it was a warm up walk for 5 minutes (this is about 1.25 laps), Run 10 minutes, walk 1 minute, run 10, walk 1, run 10, walk 1, run 10, walk 5.  Here are the results:

Distance: 5.01 miles
Time: 53:03
Run Pace: 9:52/mi
Walk pace: 13:29/mi
Average pace: 10:35/mi

I'm happy with these results!  I found it a bit hard to run in the cold weather as it was about 40 degrees last night.  I wore pants, a long sleeved shirt and a sweatshirt.

I am hoping to stick with it throughout the Winter, depending on the weather conditions outdoors.  If it's super cold (below 30), I will probably stick with the treadmill although I am not a fan.  I like the track or running on flat streets - at least there is scenery!'

I also signed up for an at home body challenge which begins next Monday, the 19th.  A girl I went to high school with started her own side business, Bridal Boot Camp.  In the spring/summer, she offers boot camp once a week in a local park, so I did that from June-Oct.  Plus, she has some You Tube videos which I've done a bunch of times at home.  I did another body challenge of hers about a month ago and lost a few lbs and inches.  It's a tiered eating plan and each week will be different.  I'm already looking forward to it since I had some "practice" during the last one.  It's not a diet but rather learning what to eat and what to avoid.  She says to have one cheat meal per week, avoid alcohol during the week, LOTS of veggies and some carbs (yams, brown rice, Ezikiel bread, etc).

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment