Image Map

Friday, February 15, 2013

Some runs are better than others

Last night's run was just okay.  I think I made the mistake of eating first and then running.  I ate around 5:45 and ran around 7:30.  I only had a small amount of salmon and some zucchini.  Prior to running, I did about 20 minutes of Pilates.  As soon as I started, I had that "tired" cramping feeling in my left abdomen.  I thought to myself - geesh, I JUST started running, this can't be good!  After a mile, I walked at a fast pace (4.5mph) for 10 minutes.  The pain went away.  I finished the 3 miles in 34 minutes.  Not terrible but that cramping worries me.  I don't think I could bear it for 13.1 miles.  Too much water?  Too little?  Breathing technique?  Not sure.

Some days are just better than others and it's okay!

This weekend, we don't have any plans which is kind of nice.  I'm off on Monday for President's Day - yesss, I can sleep in! :)  Today is a rest day, tomorrow cross train, Sunday 4 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment