Image Map

Monday, April 1, 2013

7 miles & High Calories

I was off from the FT job on Friday but went to help Saro at his store (we work for the same company, different locations).  It was fun and the day flew - I know some people who work there so it was nice to see them.  Friday night we went out for sushi.  TMI - lately sushi hasn't been "agreeing" with me.  It was still good though, ha.

Saturday I was off from both jobs.  I was still up by 7:00 and at Trader Joe's by 8:00 - wanted to beat the rush.  I picked up some things for Easter, then cleaned the house and baked a cake.  The chocolate cake recipe called for espresso powder which I didn't have so I omitted it - it came out great if you're ever not sure whether you can omit it or not. 

It was also my Mom's birthday so I had lunch with her and my sis in law.  We went out for Mexican.  I had a salad but also a margarita.  It was NOT a low calorie weekend!  Yikes.

I worked Sunday morning and then we set out for 7 miles.  I really wasn't feeling it at all.  The more miles added, the more nervous I get - not sure why.  I know I can do it but with all the different pains I've experienced, it just makes me feel uneasy.  The half marathon is only 5 weeks away.  Here are the results:

Distance: 7 miles
Pace: 11:19 min/mi
Duration: 1:19:13

The last mile was all up a steep hill so that was pretty terrible.  Before the hill, my avg. time was under 11 min/mi but then it slowed down.  Oh well!  I'm glad I finished however I was extremely nauseous all day after that.  I'm still feeling a little queezy but better for the most part.

I didn't have too much pain yesterday but the knee was a little sore and the toe was losing circulation again.  I'm going to go to the shoe store this week hopefully and see what I can do about that.

No pictures today because they're not sending from my phone to my email...have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment