Image Map

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

10K PR!

I love that feeling when you think it's Monday but keep having to remind yourself it's Tuesday already!

Yesterday, Saro and I ran a local 10K with our running club. My official time was 1:06:58 and Saro's was 1:01:52. I ran it 7 minutes quicker than my last 10K which I'm happy about! We have another 10K next weekend.

The course was great. Residential and flat. So many people were out on the sidewalks cheering us on, playing music and some even spraying us with their hoses which felt great! It wasn't super hot but pretty humid.

It was fun to be part of a team this time around. We hung out with them to cheer on the 5k runners. We also watched a local fireman break the world record for running the fastest mile in his full gear. He ran it in 6 minutes, 45 seconds! It was really cool to witness that.

Despite having some inurjuries the last couple years and not even wanting to run some days, I can say that I really LOVE running and everything about it. A runner with arm crutches and another with a cane, ran the 5K yesterday. People of all ages participated. Some kids were probably 6 or 7 and others in their 70s.

I think it was my favorite race so far! I really like 10K distance.

Hope you all had a great weekend!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment