Image Map

Monday, June 8, 2015

The Best Weekend Ever

The past few weekends have been pretty great but this one takes the cake! Me with 4 of my best friends away for the weekend? What could be better? Plus, I think life is just better in general when the weather is good. The last few winters have really got me down in the dumps. It never used to bother me. Is this a sign of getting old? Lol Oof.

Anyway, on Thursday night, 3 friends and I drove to the Berkshires in MA. Our other friend couldn't get Friday off from work so she met us there late Friday night.

It's about 170 miles northeast of here.

We were about 3 miles from the house when we saw what appeared to be either a dead or injured moose on the side of the road! There was a car pulled over on the other side of the road and a girl standing outside of the car. Thankfully, no one appeared to be hurt but we aren't sure if the moose was dead or alive :( It was HUGE and dark brown/black in color.

We arrived around 9 on Thursday, grilled some burgers, had some drinks, talked and laughed. It was one of my friend's birthdays so we had shortcakes with berries and cream for dessert!

Friday morning after breakfast and coffee, we decided to check out a local winery. It was the perfect day for it and we were pretty much the only people there. We sampled a bunch of wines and then had a glass and sat outside. The weather was perfect. It was also national donut day so how could we resist? The winery had homemade donuts so of course we got them too and they were delicious.



From there, we went out to lunch at a brewery. I had a yummy baked cod sandwich with onion rings. To die for.



We got back to the house around 4:00 and took the kayak and canoe out on the little lake which is the backyard of the house. The house was perfect for the 5 of us. It was 3 bedrooms, 2 full bath, kitchen, dining room, living room, outdoor deck, grill, etc.



Saturday, we just hung around the house and enjoyed the peace and quiet, took the kayak out again, had lunch and talked and laughed some more.




Ang & I had to head home Saturday night because we both had things planned for Sunday. I definitely wanted to stay for a couple more days! It was really nice to get away with my friends. We talk often and see each other quite often but it's rare to be able to spend a couple days together to really catch up. I'm thankful to call them my friends for the last two+ decades!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I got home, Saro had dinner made and it was really yummy - grilled split chicken breast with whole wheat pasta with veggies in a roasted red pepper eggplant sauce. I'm looking forward to that for lunch today!

We went to bed early because we had the GWB 10k yesterday at 7:30 AM. We ran it with my cousin and sister-in-law. We all did really great! My time was 1:02:42 (PR!!). Saro's was 58:30 which is really awesome to run that in under an hour!

Last year vs. this year.






I'm feeling a little sore today but mostly just tired.

I hope you all had a great weekend!


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a blast! I enjoyed seeing your pics on Instagram! Nothing beats a beautiful weekend full of wine, good food, and friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your weekend looked AWESOME!! Loved following along with all your fun on IG.
    And, WOOHOO for your PR - way to go!

    ReplyDelete