Image Map

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Bridge to 10K - Week 1, Day 2

Good evening!  I completed Bridge to 10K's week 1, day 2 on Tuesday, November 6th.  We have a treadmill in our basement so I figured I'd use that since it's getting cold outside.  After two weeks off, it was pretty tough.  Between the storm and other stuff going on, I haven't been as active as I'd like to be.  I did 3.5 miles in 45 minutes.  Day 1 was 5 miles in 50 minutes so quite a big difference!  It's okay though.  I am hoping to get a run in this weekend since it's supposed to be in the 60s!  However, it is my sister in law's wedding which I'm really excited for!!  Maybe I can squeeze it in Saturday morning.

Thankfully I have had no knee pain since my tendonitis issue a few months ago.  I have bunions on both feet though, and they are sometimes painful, especially after a run.  I wear protective gel pads which helps somewhat.

I haven't signed up for a 10K yet but hopefully in the Spring.   I'm sure there aren't many in the winter.  10K=6.2 miles so I can see it taking a few months for me to get there.

On another note, I haven't food shopped since we threw out ALL of our food during Hurricane Sandy.  The only things in the fridge are - milk, eggs, half and half, egg whites, yogurt, an onion, two potatoes and some condiments that were saved.  Only ice in the freezer.  I was waiting until the NOR'EASTER passed before doing a big shop.  However, now it will wait until after the wedding weekend :)  Tonight's dinner was lentil soup (Alessi brand which is really good) and some leftover Italian bread with butter.  Sometimes you just work with what you have!

No comments:

Post a Comment