Image Map

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

2015 Vacation

We booked our trip for next year! It's the 1st week in May which will also be our 1 year anniversary. We start off with 2 nights in Ames, Iowa for our friends wedding. It's at a winery and we can't wait to check out a much quieter and laid back environment.

From there, we head to Seattle where we will spend 4 nights visiting my aunt. She lives right outside of the city but we got an awesome hotel right near Pike Place Market. I've been there a bunch of times since she moved out there and it's so beautiful. The city is SO clean. My aunt has lived there for, I'm guessing close to 15 years now and she knows the area like the back of her hand. If you ever need a tour guide, she's your gal ;)

After that, we fly to San Francisco, rent a car and drive 3 + 1/2 hours to visit with my Grandma for 2 nights. We will drive back to SF for our last hurrah and spend 1 night. When we were there 4 years ago, we had dinner at a garlic restaurant called The Stinking Rose. I may or may not have booked our hotel within a 10 minute walk on purpose ;) It'll be a great way to end a fun and exciting vacation!

I booked through Orbitz and price wise, we got pretty awesome deals. They have what's called Orbucks rewards so each hotel you book, you get $ towards your next booking. If we did these 3 locations separately, it would have come out to be a LOT more. I was surprised that one way flights are pretty reasonable.



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hear about all your travels! I absolutely adore Ames, and miss that place like crazy!!

    ReplyDelete