Image Map

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

21 Day Fix Extreme Update & Beachbody On Demand

Hey guys! 

Today is our tenth day of the 21 Day Fix Extreme and I'm feeling great this morning. 

I lost a solid 3-4 lbs. during the first week.

I'm still not feeling 100% after having a sinus infection and slight bronchitis last week but I'm better than I was a couple days ago and the warmer weather definitely helps! I still pushed through the workouts and kept my eating on point.

It hasn't been easy but definitely doable. For two whole days last week, I had a hungry/hollow feeling in my stomach (despite eating plenty) that didn't go away until I ate a big dinner on Sunday night - two chicken breasts, salad and brown rice. I can't tell if it was from the antibiotics I was on or from my stomach adjusting to the eating plan. However, that pain subsided on Monday afternoon.

I honestly can't tell you the last time I went a weekend without having dessert and/or multiple glasses of wine or skipped half and half in my coffee. I really needed this body reset and I really don't even miss it!



The workouts are really good although I feel like I'm cheating on PiYo/Chalene Johnson. I like that weights are incorporated. I'm using 5 lb. and 8 lb. as well as a 15 lb. resistance band. I don't burn too many calories during Upper Fix or Pilates Fix but they're still a great workout. I'm hoping to go for a quick run after work today since it's supposed to be in the mid 50s (gasp!) here today.

Saro and I both had major cabin fever this winter. I seriously felt depressed and he's itching to get out in the yard. He can spend hours out there and loves it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I know I am not a Beachbody coach but I also wanted to share that Beachbody programs are now available on demand! This is perfect for our upcoming vacation next month or if we feel so inclined to workout outside! I'm looking forward to utilizing the hotel gyms and hopefully getting a few quick runs in while we're in Seattle and California.

One concern I have is that we are gone for 9 days and won't have access to a washing machine and I sure as heck am not spending $5 or more per article to have the hotel(s) wash our clothes. I am thinking about bringing a small Tide and just washing some of our workout clothes in the bathtub so avoid smelliness.. LOL. Sounds like a plan.



Image and video hosting by TinyPic

2 comments:

  1. Way to go Rachel! You're doing so awesome. And, so glad to hear you're feeling better.
    I had no idea the Beachbody workouts were now On Demand. That's AWESOME!!
    Keep it up, you're kicking butt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are awesome! I have debated doing Beachbody... but it intimidates me! We've had cabin fever, too, and I'm happy to say we got outside today! Spring can't come soon enough!

    ReplyDelete