Image Map

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Flyin' week!

This week is flying - which is a good thing!  I'm super busy at work and have been busy outside of work too.  Last night we had our monthly girls night get together.  We've been doing this for a little over 2 years now.  We went to a Cuban restaurant.  Since I'm on a 4 week body challenge, I tried to keep it simple.  We all split an appetizer sampler and I got the carribean salad with skirt steak.  I REALLY wanted the shrimp with coconut lime sauce but I opted for the healthier choice.  This morning, I switched up my breakfast to a shake.  It was 1 1/2 c unsweetened almond milk, about 1/4 cup bluberries, 1/4 cup frozen raspberries and 1/2 cup frozen peaches with a heaping tbsp of vanilla protein powder.  I drank it on the way to work and it kept me full until about 10:30.  I usually have an apple or celery around then.  Today was an apple with all natural peanut butter - Smuckers.  The label should only read "peanuts" if you want the real stuff.

I'm finding it harder to get runs in, during the week especially since it's dark by 4:30!  Saro usually works 1-2 late nights per week and I don't feel safe going without him.  There are usually other people down at the track but I don't know - with my headphones on and focusing on running, you just never know.  I guess I'm paranoid.  I love the winter, snow, and cold weather but this year I'm looking forward to Spring already!

The treadmill isn't the same, although it'll do for now.

Tonight we'll be having steak and vegetables for dinner.

1 comment: