Image Map

Thursday, December 20, 2012

Is it Friday yet?

I have been wondering this since Monday morning.  It has been a rough couple of weeks.  On a lighter note, tomorrow is my 29th Birthday and I'll be celebrating with Saro, my cousin & her husband, my sis-in-law & her husband and some of our closest friends.  Instead of going out to dinner, I invited them over for appetizers and drinks.  Here is what I'm making and I will post pictures after the party!

Brie with raspberry in fillo cups
Tomato & mozzarella bites with pesto for dipping
Various cheeses with crackers and rosemary breadsticks
Homemade hummus (Saro makes the best) with celery and carrots
Goat cheese & avocado dip - thanks to my best friend, Ang!
Fruit salsa with cinnamon sugar chips
Cohen's Hors d'oeuvres
Christmas Sangria (white wine, sparkling apple cider, mint, cranberries, apple, orange)

Needless to say, I am not really watching calories tomorrow night but will have a fruit/protein shake for breakfast and a light lunch :)

I am hoping to get a run in this weekend or maybe even Christmas morning if it's decent outside.  Next up - Bridge to 10K, Week 3, Day 1 - Three 17 minute jogs (that's an additional 6 minutes total, compared to week 2).  It doesn't seem like a lot, but it is - LOL.  However, I can remember back in March/April when running 3 minutes seemed like a lot.  It's truly amazing what your body can do and how it can adapt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment