Image Map

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Half Marathon in San Francisco?

Saro and I are thinking about training for a half marathon in June in San Francisco.  We'd make it a vacation too.  We love San Francisco and figure we have 6 months to get ready for 13.1 miles.  We are pretty close to 6 miles in about 1 hour now, so I think we can definitely do 13.1 in 3 hours (you have to finish in 3 hours or else you don't receive a medal) :)  It's called the Wipro San Francisco marathon.  They have a full marathon, two half marathons and a 5K.  Here's the link if you want to read more about it.

http://www.thesfmarathon.com/

I'm going to read more about training for a half and then we will decide for sure but as of now, it's looking promising.  I always like to have something to look forward to and this is a great, positive goal.

I don't see myself getting to the point of running a whole marathon but hey, I didn't think I'd be at this point either - wanting to run 13.1 miles.  One day at a time.  What helps me is good music.  Sometimes I want to stop and then a good song comes on which allows me to keep going even further.

No comments:

Post a Comment