Image Map

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Ratatouille

Happy Sunday, all!  I never got around to week 2, day 3 of Bridge to 10K last week.  It was a really hectic week!  This weekend was fun.  Saro's daughters were here and it was Caitlin's 16th Birthday.  We celebrated with sushi and Red Mango for dessert :)  Today I worked and did my twice monthly trip to Shop Rite.  I usually dread going because A) I work part time in a supermarket on Sunday mornings so I've already spent some time in a store and B) The Shop Rite I go to, as most Shop Rites are, is very busy at around noon on Sundays.  I like to go and get it out of the way so Sunday afternoon/evening I can do other things like clean and cook :)  Before Saro left to take the girls back to PA, I said "I'm going to rest after I vacuum."  His reply? "I vacuumed yesterday."  Yes!  Thank you...  I thought to myself.  So I decided to work out but didn't head outside because it's cold and rainy and I felt like staying in.  Instead I did about 25 minutes of Pilates and then jogged 3.1 (5K) on the treadmill.  I finished in 35 minutes.  I even had to open the window down there because it's warm with the furnace being near the treadmill.  Overall I'm happy with the results.  I'm hoping to get down to the track one night this week with Saro.

Tonight Saro made us ratatouille (eggplant, zucchini, yellow squash and tomatoes).  It came out really good and we have leftovers for the week!  We try to only cook 2-3x a week so we have leftovers for 1-2 days.  It helps with our busy schedules.

Christmas is only 16 days away - it came SO fast this year.  Thankfully, I'm almost done shopping.. just a few more things to pick up.  Speaking of that, I think I will wrap some of Saro's gifts and get them under the tree before he gets home.

Have a great week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment