Image Map

Monday, September 16, 2013

Pumpkin Spice Muffin Recipe

Happy Monday!  I'm glad I have a short work week this week, with ten days off on the horizon!

On Sundays, I really enjoy cooking and prepping for the week and now that it's cooler out, baking.

I love pumpkin spice muffins but I know the ones from Dunkin Donuts or other places can be 500 or more calories.  I used this recipe but altered it a little bit.  Instead of the flour measurements, I used 1/2 cup regular flour, 1/4 cup whole wheat flour, 1/4 cup almond meal and 1/4 cup coconut flour. 

Also, instead of vegetable oil, I used coconut oil and walnuts instead of pecans.  They came out delish!  I highly recommend :)

They're roughly 165 calories, give or take since I used almond meal and coconut flour instead of just regular flour.  I toasted one this morning with a little bit of butter -yum! 

So, they're not gluten free but I find that if you just bake with coconut flour and/or almond meal, it comes out too dense.  If you use all 3, it comes out better.

I felt like I needed a break from a green smoothie and 1 egg for breakfast, which I've been doing for over 2 months!

Do you like pumpkin recipes?  I think people love it or hate it.  I used to hate it, now love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment