Image Map

Monday, September 30, 2013

Staycation Recap

Good Morning and Happy Monday!  Wow, 10 days flew by!  We had a great week off.  A true staycation.  It was just so nice to sleep in (when Murphy wasn't howling for us to wake up) and sip my coffee while watching Kelly & Michael.  No rush to be anywhere or do anything.

Thursday - I was in Long Island for my friend Lauren's benefit dinner.  It was a lot of fun and great to see some old friends.

Friday - I had a hair cut appointment and mani/pedi which was nice and relaxing.  That night we had dinner reservations at the place we are getting married.  The food was really good, as we already knew :)


Saturday - We went in to the city.  We I wanted to check out the Peanut Butter & Co. sandwich shop (hello peanut butter BLT!) and the San Gennaro feast was also going on.  It was a nice day.  That night, we had our friend's surprise 30th birthday party at a local bar.  Also fun.

Sunday, we helped my SIL & BIL move out of their condo.

Monday, we purchased our wedding bands!  We also browsed around Crate & Barrel for a good hour.  I love their stuff!  Some is reasonable but some is real pricey.

That night, we went to an amazing local pizza place for dinner.  They do BOGO free pizza on Monday and Tuesday.  Their pizzas are small so we can easily share 2.  My favorite is their butternut squash pizza with spinach, mozzarella and pancetta.

Tuesday was bridesmaid dress shopping with 2 of my girls and then Chipotle for lunch with Ang, my MOH =D

Wednesday - I hosted a Pampered Chef party which was a lot of fun.  I can't wait to get the stuff I ordered!

Thursday - I had lunch with my Aunt and Saro cleaned up the yard a bit.  We put the summer furniture away.  We went to the mall in the afternoon and just took our time looking in some stores.  We purchased new lamp shades and curtains from Target and a few new wall pieces from Kohl's.  A subtle update for little $.  I was so happy I found Pottery Barn knock off pillows at Kohl's for $16.99 and I had a 30% off coupon.  Win!

Friday - Saro picked up the girls to come visit for the weekend and I had dinner with Ang.

Saturday - Apple picking HERE.

 

 

 

 
Sunday - Food shopping and cooking as usual, lol.  First, with all of the apples we had, I made crockpot applsauce.  Super easy.  Peel and core a bunch of apples.  Add a little water, lemon juice and cinnamon.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours.  Mash and enjoy!

I also made pulled pork in the crock pot.  I started it yesterday, for dinner tonight.  4 lbs Boston butt, 2 sliced onion and I threw an apple in there!

 
Gluten free eggplant parm - made with Schar gluten free bread crumbs.

 
The front of our house, decorated for Fall.

 
 
That's about all I've got.  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment