Image Map

Thursday, February 27, 2014

High Protein Breakfast

I'm horrible at taking pictures for the blog lately but I wanted to share a few high protein breakfast ideas.
 
I've been trying to up my protein and keep carbs and fat to a minimum.  The fat part is hard because I eat a lot of coconut oil and avocado.  Oh and peanut butter.  Oops.
 
Anyway, this morning I had egg whites with a green smoothie and it came out to 24 grams of protein.  The green smoothie was 1 cup of spinach, 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk, half of a banana, 1 scoop chocolate Shakeology and 1 tbsp Trader Joe unsalted peanut butter.  Lots of ice too.
 
I packed cottage cheese, blueberries and a kiwi for my late morning snack.  I'm having Trader Joe's canned chicken for lunch.  So with all of that, I'm at 67 grams of protein and I'm pretty low on fat and carbs which is good.
 
I'd like to purchase more protein powder but it's so dang expensive.  I used to use Isagenix which I just found out I can order online without being a member or ordering through someone, so that's a good option.  It's $51 for 14 "meals."  I know I won't have it every day so maybe that'll last about a month.  Shakeology is like $130 for a month supply, figuring you have it every day.
 
Have a good day.  It's almost the weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment