Image Map

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Tuesday Frustration

Good morning from snowy NJ.  We got about 8 inches of snow yesterday and another 8-12 is on the way tonight!  Oh and on the news this morning, they said "the big storm isn't coming until Sunday."  OH!
 
Onto my frustration.  Sunday I did T25 and ran 2.6 miles outside because it was 54 degrees out.  I skipped yesterday's T25 workout because I shoveled heavy snow for over an hour and I'm really nervous about making my back issue worse.  I woke up almost every hour last night because I was in pain.  I don't know if it's from the T25 or running, or both!  My upper back hurts but I know that's from shoveling so I'm not too worried about it.  I'm feeling a pinching pain in my back and I feel like I have to be very careful bending over.  I have a fear of throwing my back out or something.
 
I'm also extremely frustrated that I've lost 0 lbs. since starting T25.  I was down 2 lbs last week and now I'm back up again.  I've followed it religiously (even the stretch days and double session days) except yesterday AND have been running on top of it.  I do feel a little tighter in my stomach area.  I keep reading all of these posts on Facebook how people lost 10-20 lbs after the full 10 weeks.  I know I don't have a lot to lose but I can definitely stand to lose 20 lbs.  It's just not budging.  I thought being on thyroid medication might help but 2 months later, nothing.
 
I've been eating very well for the last 5 weeks (after the holiday binging) except of course Superbowl snacks and drinks.  One day of bad snacking and a few drinks shouldn't make a big difference.
 
However, I'm not going to give up.  I plan on finishing Alpha and then repeating it for another 5 weeks, and then doing the Beta session.  Maybe it'll all melt away at the very end!
 
Now to research more about Hashimoto's and weight loss....

2 comments:

  1. I hope you took your measurements before starting. You could see some changes there. I think it takes longer than 2 months to regulate your thyroid but I'm no doctor. Keep going, I'm sure you'll see changes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you take measurements? I'll bet your just gaining muscle. I know, everyone hates to hear that, but I'm sure that's what's happening! Maybe just weigh once a month?

    ReplyDelete