Image Map

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Recent Runs #DJV5K

I am unhappy to report that my sciatica is acting up again.  I don't know if it's from running recently, Piyo, my new sneakers (same model as my old ones but not broken in yet), or all of the above.  However, when I was on Pinterest last night, I was searching for sciatica relief and most of the stretches/poses are included in Piyo so once again I'm convinced it's from running.
 
On Saturday, the husband and I ran 3.1 and on Sunday I went for a walk and then ran 1 mile.
 
8/2/2014:
Distance: 3.1 mi
Time: 33:35
Pace: 10:50 min/mi
 
8/3/2014:
Distance: 1 mi
Time: 9:52 min/mi
 
Last night I slept with a pillow between my legs and that seemed to relieve the pain a little bit.  I still have a tingling pain that runs down to the bottom of my left foot.  Ugh.
 
I saw an infomercial the other day for Be Active Brace.  It's a brace that you wear under your knee and it's supposed to help with sciatica.  On one site, there were 250 reviews and most of them were pretty good.  Maybe I'll give it a shot.
 
For now, I'm sticking to Piyo (I'm on week #6) and running 1-2x a week but only 2 miles.  It seems that when I run more than that, the pain comes back.
 
I do still plan on running the town 5K on 9/6 and the virtual 5K on 9/13!
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, hearing this makes me so sad. I hope you are able to find some relief!

    ReplyDelete