Image Map

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Lamb Meatball Recipe

Last night I made quick and easy lamb meatballs served with jasmine/brown rice mixture and string beans. They were very tasty!



1 lb ground lamb
1 egg, beaten
3 tbsp bread crumbs (Whole Foods are my favorite because they're very fine)
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt (can omit since feta is salty)
1/4 cup chopped scallions
Juice of 1 lemon wedge
1/4 cup herb feta cheese

Mix everything and refrigerate for 1/2 hour. Remove from fridge and make meatballs (I used a Pampered Chef scooper). Fry in olive oil (I used my cast iron pan), 1 minute on each side. Remove from pan and place on paper towels to drain some of the grease, plus lamb is pretty fatty.

I loved the taste of the mixed spices. You can also use ground beef or turkey if you prefer.


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment