Image Map

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Recent Savings

I've posted a few couponing trips before and wanted to share some more.

On Sunday, I saved $33 at Stop and Shop and spent about $60.  They had a few coupons in their weekly flyer, plus I had a few manufacturer's coupons.  I threw out the receipt but here's what I got (estimating the prices for some items):

20 roll Scott TP for $8.49.  Their flyer coupon was for $9.99 and then I had a 75 cent coupon (which doubled), saving an extra $1.50.
Red seedless grapes for 88 cents/lb with their flyer coupon
Ground beef for $1.99/lb with their flyer coupon
2 lbs chicken thighs $3
1.5 lbs thin sliced chicken tenders - $4
2 Dole bagged romaine hearts $4
7 honeycrisp apples (they're a little pricey but I love them)
2 lemons
2 Land O Lakes quart sized half and half - I had a $1 off 2 coupon so it was about $3.50 for two.
1 dozen Land O lakes eggs - 50 cent coupon = $2
1 5lb. King Arthur whole wheat flor - $3
1 avocado - $1.50
1 Talenti gelato - $4

There were a few more items but I can't remember now!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My CVS trip:
1st transaction
(2) large Colgate toothpastes for $9 - $5 extra bucks issued

2nd transaction
(1) Tide 100 oz
$11.94
-$5.00 extra bucks
-$2.00 off one Tide (manuf.)
____________
Roughly $5 and $3 more Extra Bucks issued

3rd Transaction
1 more Tide using the $3 extra bucks and another $2 off Tide coupon

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My Harmon's Trip:

(3) Large Kleenex boxes
(2) Aussie hair products
(1) Covergirl mascara

I had a 50 cent, $1.00 and $1.50 coupon for all 3 items.  I also had a $5 off $15 bed, bath and beyond and one 20% off one item.  It came to $13 and I saved $10.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Phew...good deals the last few days.

 
Do you agree?  Is it worth the time?  To me it is.  I usually spend less than an hour couponing each Sunday morning.

1 comment:

  1. I wish I took more time to figure out coupons and deals. Great job!

    ReplyDelete