Image Map

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Recipe: Pumpkin Spice Creamer

Happy 1st day of Fall!  That time of year when pumpkin spice is all the rage.  




Surprisingly, I have yet to purchase a $5 PSL from Starbucks.  Instead, I've been making my own pumpkin spice creamer at home which saves money and calories.

Homemade pumpkin spice creamer:

1 cup milk (cow's, almond, coconut, etc.)
1 cup half & half (OR 1/2 cup half & half AND 1/2 cup heavy cream)
4 tbsp real maple syrup
4 tbsp canned pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp vanilla extract

Whisk all ingredients except for the vanilla extract together and cook on medium until steaming.  Remove from heat and stir in vanilla extract.  Using a fine strainer or mesh sieve, strain creamer into a jar (to remove pumpkin pulp and some of the spices so it's not gritty-like).  I use a mason jar and it can last up to two weeks (but I usually consume it before then)  ;) 

What's your favorite pumpkin thing?


Image and video hosting by TinyPic

4 comments:

  1. I just picked up some pumpkin today, and this has been on my "must make" list since you sent me the recipe. I'm totally trying it out this weekend!!
    I don't have a favorite pumpkin item - I love ALL the pumpkin things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome! Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all things pumpkin! I've made just about every pumpkin recipe that exists on Pinterest! From pumpkin quesadillas to pumpkin mac and cheese to pumpkin cookies, I've tried it all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to try this! I don't use creamer because it has too much sugar but this sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete