Image Map

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Thrifty Thursday

Happy Thursday and first day of Spring!  Hallalujah!  Finally!  I felt like his was the longest winter ever.  I do love a good snow storm but after about 4 in a row, it got old quick.
 
On to Thrifty Thursday with Mean Ang!
 
 
 
I have two baby showers coming up.  One is this weekend for my sister in law and one in 2 weeks for my cousin.  I got them some stuff off of their registries but I figured since diapers are expensive, I'd buy some for each of them - all different sizes.  Babies grow quick ;)
 
This definitely isn't my best couponing deal but to me, it's not bad for 160 diapers!
 
I shopped at CVS for:
5 Jumbo Pamper packs (32 in each) $8.99 on sale from $12.49
If you spent $30 on these products, you got $10 ECB.  So, I purchased 4 packs, got the $10 ECB and bought another pack.
 
1st Transaction:
4 jumbo Pampers - $8.99 x 4 = $35.96
I used (2) $1.50 off manufacturer coupons
Total: $32.96
$10 ECB issued
 
2nd transaction:
1 jumbo Pampers $8.99
1 pack of gum $1.57 (when did GUM get so expensive by the way?!)
Total: $10.57
I used the $10 ECB so I paid $0.57
 
So, $33.53 for 160 diapers ($0.21 each) and 1 pack of gum.  I saved $30.50.
 
I was going to go to Buy Buy Baby and use their store coupons plus the manufacturer coupons but I quickly learned they do not take their store coupons for diapers.  Fail.
 
For the Moms out there - was this a pretty good deal?
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment