Image Map

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

We'll Travel

I'm already anticipating the time when people start asking me if/when we will have kids.  I understand it's conversation and it is one of the main reasons people get married - to start a family.  My family and most of my friends know that I can't but it's more the coworkers and acquaintances that don't.  I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable or make them feel bad.  I've known for 14 years that I can't so it's not exactly devastating.
 
Recently Saro and I talked about it and we would really like to fill our time with traveling.  Saro is more of a homebody than I am but I know once he's out there, he will thoroughly enjoy seeing the world.  I know a lot of people say they want to travel the world and see so many different places.  I also know it's harder to do once a family is started.  Impossible?  No, but just less likely from what I've seen/heard.
 
Right now I get 2 weeks vacation at work.  After 3 years, it's 3 weeks - which is great!  Plus ample personal time.  At my last job, it was after 6 or 7 years, you only got an additional ONE DAY vacation, so 11 days versus 15.  I'm very thankful for my job and the great benefits.
 
There are so many places I'd like to see - Italy, Ireland, the French Polynesia, Alaska, Glacier National Park, and more.
 
 
On another note, Happy Mardis Gras AKA Fat Tuesday!  Coincidence that the cupcake place in town has Two for Tuesday today?  I think not.  My coworkers go each week and I've said NO.  Every.   Single.  Time.  Today I might treat myself :)

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment