Image Map

Friday, April 25, 2014

Five on Friday: Favorite Vacations

Good Lorddddddd - TGIF!  I feel like I got hit by a bus and as I was getting ready, I was sneezing non stop.  Oh and have a sore throat!  The trees are blooming so I hope that's all it is.
 
Plus, I'm mentally checked out of work but still have to get through today and 3 + 1/2 days next week.  Oof.  I don't think I've ever been off for 2 weeks in a row so this is going to be AMAZING.
 

 
 
Today for Five on Friday, I wanted to share my favorite vacations.  I've been lucky to have traveled to a lot of different places so far and I'm sure I have more than 5 but my top ones would be:
 
1.)  Hawaii.  I've been 3 times.  Twice with my Dad and Grandma and once with my aunt, uncle and cousin.  Quite a far trip from New Jersey but well worth it.  One thing I still think about from there?  Of course it's food.  It was chicken salad in a papaya at the hotel we were staying at.  I had that every day for lunch.  Amazing.
 
 
 
 
2.)  London.  My Mom took me when I was 15.  We saw Lion King on broadway and of course did all of the touristy stuff.  The weather was mostly dreary but that's normal for England from what I know.  Speaking of London, my cousin from San Francisco now lives there and she's flying out to NY next week for the wedding!
 

 
 
3.)  Ocho Rios, Jamaica.  Saro and I went in 2009 and loved it.  It was our first trip together and his first all inclusive tropical vacation.  I would definitely go back.  We stayed at the Riu and it was HUGE - very nice though.  I will always remember how the clothes in my suitcase literally smelled like the beach/sunscreen for weeks after we got home.  It was the best smell ever.  But I'm also weird and love the smell of SPF.
 


View from our room at the Riu!
 
4.)  Lake Winnipesaukee, NH.  This was a girls road trip.  Have you ever seen the movie "What About Bob?"  If not, I'm sorry but we can't be friends.  Just kidding but it's our favorite movie and we wanted to do a girls trip, so why not the lake where the movie was filmed?  Ha.  We stayed at the CUTEST cottage.  I actually just searched for it on Google the other day to see if the family still rents it but couldn't find it :(  Anyway, 5 girls from Jersey definitely stood out like sore thumbs among the country folk.  LOL we had a great time.
 

Weis Beach, NH - Lake Winnipesaukee

Ha. Hahahaha.
 
5.)  San Francisco, CA/Napa/Sonoma - Saro and I went in 2010.  My Dad used to live in Berkeley so I know SF pretty well.  I think I've been to Alcatraz at least 8 times, ha.  We stayed right near Fisherman's Wharf which was convenient for touristy things.  We found THE most amazing cafe and had breakfast outside each morning.  We took a wine bus tour to Napa & Sonoma and loved that.  It's GORGEOUS there.  Even if you don't drink wine, I suggest you check it out.  I've heard people say they hated San Francisco.  I just don't understand that at all!  If you're ever there and if you like love garlic, you need to have dinner at The Stinking Rose.
 

 
 
 

Us at the bottom of Lombard St.
 
 
What are some of your favorite vacations?
 
Have a great weekend!
 



No comments:

Post a Comment