Image Map

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Easy Breezy Summer Meal

Yesterday, I grabbed some naan flatbreads from Fairway.  They were on sale 2 packs of 2 pieces for $5.  Last night after a longer than normal workout, I wanted to make something and QUICK.  It was after 6:00 and by then I'm usually hangry.
 
Ingredients:
 
3 Naan flatbread (these are so perfect for pizza as the bottom gets super crispy)
1/4 cup pesto (I had leftover spinach/basil pesto that I made a few weeks ago)
1 cup sliced zucchini
1 beefsteak tomato, drained on paper towels of excess liquid (this step is important) & sliced
1/2 cup shrimp, cooked and chopped
1/2 lb chicken breast, cooked and shredded
4 handfuls baby spinach, sauteed in EVOO
Crumbled goat cheese
Salt & pepper
 
Instructions:
 
Layer in this order - bread, pesto, zucchini slices, spinach, shrimp, chicken, goat cheese, sliced tomato.  Spray grill with EVOO (I use my Misto) and grill (closed lid) on low for 20 minutes and until bottom is slightly dark and cheese is melty!
 
 
 
 
It came out great!  Let me know if you try it or what kind of pizza you like to make.
 
Have a good day!

2 comments:

  1. Woah - these look amazing and sound easy. Win/win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look so good! I'm definitely going to try them!

    ReplyDelete