Image Map

Monday, July 7, 2014

If You Could Live Anywhere

First I'd like to say that I LOVE our house.  It's perfect for Saro and I and we don't really plan on leaving anytime soon.
 
But, lately I've been thinking day dreaming a lot about where I would live, if it was so simple just to up and move.  The reason it's not is for many reasons - family & friends first, our jobs, Saro's daughters, and it's where we both grew up.  I live 4 miles from where I spent 20 years of my life and we are only about 15 miles from Saro's childhood neighborhood. 
 
I feel very much at peace when we go camping.  It's only 2 hours away on the Delaware River in PA but life is so different there.  The staff is a hippie family and it's just so chill.  So different than this hectic, over populated, polluted area of the country.
 
I don't think I'd want to live THERE specificially but I picture myself in a lake town or something, and having a simple job.  Something creative.
 
I wouldn't hate living here.
 

But, I'd have to be in pretty close proximity to a store and some stores, even if it was a small town.
 
Currently, we are spoiled.  Everything is within reach.  We live within 5 minutes of 5 differnt supermarkets and within 20 minutes of 6 huge shopping malls (however, I shop more online now) and I'm starting to feel like my Mom by hating going to the mall.  As a teen, I'd always want to go and she HATED it.  Now I know why.
 
So, if you could live anywhere, where would you live?  Are you like me that you can just picture yourself in a different type of place, but not a specific town/state?  Are you perfectly content with where you are?
 

1 comment:

  1. There are so many great places that I think I could call home! Growing up I thought I'd want to be a Cali beach bum. Little did I know how expensive, and populated California really is (and how BAD the traffic is)! So, now there we're here, and wanting to leave, I could see our little family on (or near) a lake in the midwest. *sigh* Maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete