Image Map

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

A New Challenge: Piyo

Hey all!
 
Nothing messes up your Friday like realizing it's only Tuesday.
 
Only 2 1/2 more days of work.  I'm hoping I feel better by Thursday.  I'm super congested and my body is aching.  I think I caught something over the weekend.
 
Anyway, on Sunday I spent a good two hours food shopping, chopping & prepping food for the week.  I'm following the Piyo eating plan.  This is what I eat each day.  I am trying to avoid bread, wraps, pasta, ice cream & alcohol.
 
5 servings primary vegetables (ex: 1 cup cooked spinach, unlimited cucumbers, celery)
2 servings secondary veggies/grains (ex: brown rice, potato, etc.)
5 servings lean protein (ex: lean meat, chicken, fish, yogurt, eggs)
2 servings fruit (ex: 1 cup berries, 2 kiwi)
4 servings healthy fat (ex: coconut oil/milk, olive oil, avocado, nuts, peanut butter)
 
I'm on the 3rd day now and feel good.  I took before pictures last night (WOOF) so I can't wait to see the results.  I haven't exercised in a few weeks and can't believe how stiff I was during last night's workout.
 
With Piyo, you workout every day except one day/week (their schedule shows Friday but it's up to you) and the workouts range from 25-40 minutes.  So, still short which is a plus.
 
It's a lot less impact than T25 - which I never had major issues with but here and there felt pinching in my lower back.  T25 is a ton of jumping, kicking, etc.  A great workout though.  Although it's less impact, it's still a sweaty workout.  I'm hoping this series stretches me out and makes me more lean.  I also like that it's barefoot.
 
More updates/reviews on Piyo to come.
 
 
 
*I don't agree that jumping and weights destroy your body but for people with certain ailments - back/spine/shoulder injury, this series may be a better option.  It's still new so I'm eager to see how it goes and what other's think of it.  Some people can do intense lifting and cardio and never have any injuries!
 
Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment