Image Map

Friday, May 17, 2013

Hot Yoga

Last night I tried hot yoga for the first time.  I really liked it!  I got dizzy a few times when we had to touch our toes and then bring your head up but that was it.  The room is at 105 degrees with 40% humidity so you pretty much start sweating upon entering the room.  It was 60 minutes of vinyasa/flow yoga so you're constantly moving. 

Yesterday on my lunch break I went out to buy a heart rate monitor.  Well I had it on but I don't think I set it up properly, lol, so I estimated that I burned 500 calories after googling and looking at different results.

I plan on going back next Thursday and Friday.

As for my injury, a few of the moves irritated it a little bit but I'm hoping after the 10 classes, I'll feel better.

It's a cute little studio and it's only about 2 miles away from my house.  I'm always looking for convenience for a gym/workout studio.

Happy Friday!  Enjoy your weekend.  I will be going to Atlantic City to celebrate a friends bachelorette party :)

No comments:

Post a Comment