Image Map

Monday, April 15, 2013

10K PR

Yesterday afternoon we set out for the last day of week 9 of the training program.  We ran on a paved trail that actually is right behind my office and goes on for about 6 miles.  We went to 3.1 and turned back to make it an even 6.2 (10K).  I'm not doing any more than I'm supposed to, lol.  As a matter of fact, I've been skipping the Thursday runs because I feel I need to rest for a few days before the long Sunday runs.  It definitely helps.  My first mile was JUST under 10 minutes - 9:58.  Then I always slow down.  Anyway, here are the results:

Distance - 6.2 miles
Pace - 10:46 min/mi
Time: 1 hour, 6 minutes, 44 seconds.

This is my PR for 10K distance.

If I can keep this pace up at the half, I should finish in about 2 & 1/2 hours.  Two and a half hours of non stop running.  It hasn't hit me yet.  I know I'm going to be extremely nervous the day before and morning of.  But, I know I have 3 hours and 15 minutes to finish if worst comes to worst.

I'm excited to get my new water belt from Amazon.  With my credit card rewards, it came to $20 and change for two of them.

Saro is quicker than me and usually passes me but I don't mind.  Originally we were going to stick together during the half and maybe we still will but I told him to just keep going and he can wait for me at the finish :)  Soon, he will need a new wardrobe.  His clothes are falling off of him!

No comments:

Post a Comment