Image Map

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Everyone Has An Opinion + Carb Overload

Ain't that the truth.  I have to begin by saying that I feel better than I did yesterday.  I'm not sure if it's from the anti-inflammatory, the chiropractor, or both.  He's convinced it's NOT sciatica.  Well, what is it then?  Like most chiro's, he thinks it's poor posture.  I'm sure that has something to do with it but then what explains the herniated disc in my lower back and it pushing down on the sciatic nerve?  Hmm.  Anyway, the adjustment felt good - I cracked a lot.  He advised me to do plie squats while standing on my toes, until I felt my legs shake, then stand up and repeat a few times.  I'm used to this from a few different work outs I've done so I did that last night as well as wrapped my sore area with Saran and an Ace bandage to keep it warm and the blood flowing.  That makes sense but I know ice also helps with inflammation.  Just confusing!

If it's not raining, I'm going to take a short walk during my lunch.  There's a nice path behind my office.  Then, he wants to see me again tonight for another adjustment and probably again Thursday or Friday.  He says I should be able to run the half by Sunday.  I'm not getting my hopes up, but we will see.

On another note - I've been eating a lot of carbs the last few days.  I know the more bread or pasta I eat, the more I crave them and the more hungry I am.  Last night I had a slice of pizza (first time in a WHILE) and zucchini sticks.  This morning I had half of a muffin and I brought leftover ravioli for lunch!  Oof.  It was in the fridge and I'd rather save $7 than buying lunch.  Tonight we'll have steak with a veggie and salad.

I signed up for hot yoga on Groupon - 10 classes for $29!  You can't really beat that.  I think I'll start next week.

Have a good Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. I want to go to hot yoga with you! Let me know what day you go. That's an awesome price! I've been eating a lot of carbs lately too because it's what is in my fridge. Waiting till payday on Thursday to go food shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy! I hope you get to run on Sunday! To get this far and have an injury hold you up, I'd be so upset!! When will you know if you're going to go ahead with it or not?
    And, if you are ding it, then just think you're carb loading!! Lol!!
    I've never tried not yoga, I got to regular classes every Wednesday, but would love to try the hot classes! Although, I may die from the heat!

    ReplyDelete