Image Map

Monday, April 8, 2013

8 Miler

Happy Monday!  This weekend was good.  I worked at the PT job on Saturday (all day) then went to a local running store for some advice.  We spent a good 45 minutes there, talking to a very helpful associate.  He recommended that I try KT tape for my knee and hip and he said I'm in the right shoes (he watched me run on the treadmill) but that I should get a new pair before the half marathon.  Ugh, $$!  They say to get a new pair every 4 months or 500 miles, which ever comes first.  If I don't run 500 miles in 4 months, why get a new pair?  Lol.

Saturday night we took Saro's daughters out to an Asian restaurant.  I had a yummy pad thai dish.

Sunday I was off and we went for the 8 miler around 10:00.  My results are as follows:

Distance - 8 mi.
Pace: 11:14 min/mi
Duration: 1:29:53

I had some energy jelly beans before and during the run.  This helped with the nausea for sure.  I'm going to invest in a small handheld water bottle.  They're about $15.  Just to sip during long runs - my mouth gets super dry.

Tonight I think I will rest.  The calves and shins are pretty sore.

Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment