Image Map

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Running Ain't Cheap

They recommend you get new running sneakers every 400 miles or 4 months, whichever comes 1st.  What if you don't run that much in 4 months and they're in your closet more than on your feet?  I think it should go by milage, no?  For cripes sake, they're like $120!

Hmm, oh well.  They can become walking shoes or I can donate 'em.  They look brand new.

I also just spent a pretty penny on compression socks, more beans & gels and more KT tape for my knee and hip.  The first roll I bought wasn't sticking too well so this time I went and got the PRO... for $20 that stuff better stick to my skin for 3-4 days.  Seriously, it's supposed to stick that long.

Compared to other sports/hobbies, it's not that bad.  The socks should last a long time and it's something I enjoy.

17 more days until the big day.  I think I have everything I need!  Oh, except I need a new arm band for my phone.  The velcro has worn off.

2 comments:

  1. I go by mileage! Plus I used ancient shoes for a Mud Run last weekend! They're also good for muddy park walks! What do you think your favorite accessory is BESIDES your shoes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea. I'd say another essential accessory is an arm band for my phone so I can listen to music and track my run. What about you? :)

      Delete