Image Map

Friday, April 5, 2013

First Flywheel

Last night I went to my first Flywheel spin class with Mean Ang and a few other friends.  I really liked it.  I burned between 525-600 calories in 45 minutes.  My butt is hurting today from the seat but other than that, I feel good.  It was nice to switch up my work out from running!  My knee and hip felt good the whole time which is a plus.

For those of you you aren't familiar, Flywheel is a new indoor cycling company (aka: spin).  The lights are off in the room and there's a dim spot light on the instructor.  It really works your entire body and they even incorporate arms at the end.  I would definitely go back!  It's pretty close to home - 15-20 minutes away.

Tonight I think I will rest.  Tomorrow I'm working at the PT job all day and then hopefully getting the 8 miles done, unless I'm off on Sunday - then Sunday morning might be better.  It's not that the PT job is hard or tiring but I have to be up at 5:30 to get there by 6:30, so when I get home at 3, I usually feel dead.

It has been really nice to sleep until 7:15 versus 6:15 with the new FT job.  I feel much more rested.  I still fall asleep by 10 or 11, so I get 8-9 hours of sleep.  *Knock on wood* I don't have sleeping problems and hopefully never will.  I do wear ear plugs to mute Saro's snoring, though!  Lol.

I think after the half marathon, we're going to work on obtaining a better time for 5K distance, and I want to get back into Jillian Michaels DVDs.  I really like the 30 Day Shred and her 6 weeks to 6 pack DVD.

Currently, what is your favorite work out?

No comments:

Post a Comment