Image Map

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Overnight Oats & 5 Miles On The Horizon

Last night I decided to make overnight oats.  I've seen a few people post about it.  I looked up some recipes online and came up with this one (I used flax seeds instead of chia seeds).

3/4 cup oats
1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 TBSP natural peanut butter (I use Smucker's)
1 TBSP raw honey (I use Trader Joe's)
1 tsp flax seed

Mix and refrigerate over night.  This morning, I added about 2 more TBSP almond milk and warmed up the oatmeal.  It came out really good!  This made enough for 3-4 servings.  I had one egg also.



I haven't food shopped in a couple of weeks!  Well a BIG shop, anyway.  Last night we ate out and tonight, well, I took some ground beef out of the freezer so maybe a burger with whatever frozen vegetables we have, lol.  Sometimes it's good to clean out the fridge/freezer/pantry I guess.

I'm still pretty sore from Sunday's run but tonight is 5 miles.  Seems easy but we'll see.  My legs are real stiff.  Then 5 miles again on Thursday but we might do it Friday. 



On a side note, do you have a favorite all inclusive resort you like to go to, in the Caribbean or Mexico?  Feel free to share!  Thanks  and enjoy your day... I just went out at lunch time and it's 85 degrees here 20 miles west of NYC.  Nice!!

2 comments:

  1. Are we going on vacation soon? I'm going to crash your vacation if you are. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete