Image Map

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Vacation Needed & Paleo Pesto Recipe

A "real" vacation won't happen until next year but I'm feeling very stressed and anxious the last few weeks.  I can't even pinpoint why either.  I'm not stressed at work but I guess I am regarding other things going on. 

My friend who I met through Weight Watchers about 7 years ago had brain surgery yesterday to remove a tumor in her brain.  I just found out about it on Saturday night so I went to visit her Sunday in the hospital.  She was in great spirits and she posted on Facebook last night so she seems to be doing okay.  Needless to say, that caused some angst and worry early in the week plus a few other things I'd rather not mention on here. 

I slipped and had pasta last night.  Fusilli with squash, artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes and a little mozzarella cheese.  It was delicious, ha!  I hadn't had pasta in over a month.  I definitely won't be having it regularly as I once did.  Eh, oh well.  Moving on and hoping to get out of this funk real soon!

Paleo Pesto Recipe

Two large bunches of basil, leaves picked off
5 garlic cloves
1 cup olive oil
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt (I used pink himalayan)
1/3 cup walnuts (or pine nuts)

Process in food processor until smooth.  This will make about 2 cups of pesto.  Enjoy with chicken, salmon, zucchini "pasta" or tomatoes!



I hope you're all having a good week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment