Image Map

Thursday, December 12, 2013

Festive Favorites & Finish the Sentence Link Ups!

Happy Friday Eve!  Last night we had our girls night 3rd annual cookie swap and it was a lot of fun.  15 girls in a room with sugar & wine, I'll take it any day :)
 
Now to link up with a few gals and Jake for Christmas link ups!

 
 
  • Favorite Christmas song - Christmas Wrapping by the Waitresses
  • Christmas song you can’t stand - Dominick the Donkey.  UGH.  Hate it.
  • Favorite holiday movie - I have a few but if I had to choose, National Lampoons Christmas vacation!


  • Real or artificial tree?  REAL.  Love the smell.
  • White or colored lights?  White!  And lots of 'em.
  • All matching ornaments or more random personal ornaments?  Random, personal ornaments.  When I moved out, my mom gave me most of her ornaments as she doesn't really put up a tree anymore.  Some are really old!
  • Favorite ornament - The Christmas star that everyone got after my Grandpa passed right before Christmas 1986.
  • Angel or star tree-topper?  Star.  I have a gold star that my mom gave me and has had since I can remember.
  • Does Santa wrap presents or leave them unwrapped?  Wrapped!
  • Favorite childhood memory - all of us being at my Gram's and opening the Christmas popper hats to see what prize we got!
  • Coffee, hot chocolate, or eggnog?  Coffee!
  • Christmas morning at home or do you travel?  Home for sure.  I don't think I've ever traveled for a major holiday.
  • Traditional holiday meal or something unconventional?  Traditional - prime rib or filet mignon, potates, veggies, fancy cheese and crackers, appetizers with phyllo dough, and plenty of dessert. Not low calorie.  Sorry not sorry.
  • Personalized photo Christmas cards, store bought cards, e-cards, or “ain’t nobody got time for that”?  Personalized photo cards.  I bought 75 for $20 on Vistaprint this year :)  Speaking of that, we still have to send them out...!


  • 1. My favorite Christmas was....They've all been great!  Everyone (mainly) is in a good mood.
    2. The worst Christmas I had...there was a family argument when I was about 16 or 17 and I just went off on everyone and stormed out.  It's not the "norm" for me to do that but I couldn't hold it in anymore.
    3. That one gift that made me scratch my head and say, "Hmmmm" was...I'm sure I've had one of these but I can't recall, so I guess that's a good thing.
    4. One year I....exchanged gifts with Saro in my car in a parking lot.  LOL.  It was when we first met and we were out on a date so just decided to exchange there, ha.
    5. I think the worst gift to give is....a mug.  Sorry, but I already have about 25 mugs.
    6. At Christmastime I typically....bake a lot and not even eat a lot of it.  I like to give it out :)
    7. Typically, family Christmas....used to be spent at my grandma's all day/night but as she's older, we have all kind of started our own traditions.  We still spend it with her though.  It's bittersweet I guess.
    8. If I could change one thing about the Holiday season....it would be that people stop acting so crazy and driving like maniacs.  You always hear about people dying while shopping on Black Friday or other horror stories.
    9. It is so hard to buy for....my mom.  She always just tells me she needs new PJs.
    10. My favorite Christmas tradition is...just waking up at home with a homemade breakfast, opening gifts, playing Christmas tunes and movies throughout the day and spending time with family.
    11. Santa, baby, bring me a....check in full made out to Sallie Mae ;)
     

    1 comment:

    1. I do love a good mug though...haha! Thanks for linking with us!

      ReplyDelete