Image Map

Friday, December 13, 2013

C25K, Day 1 (again)

Sometimes I'm erratic.  Not in a bad way.  When I come up with an idea, I usually have to do it right away.  My mom always told me this growing up, and would often get frustrated with me.
 
Anyway, yesterday I downloaded the Couch to 5K app again.  I had deleted it a while ago when I was throwing a fit frustrated.
 
Although I ran 13.1 miles 7 months ago, I figured I should start from the bottom and work my way up again.  If possible.  Rather than just going out there and pushing myself too much.  Week 1 is 3 days of 5 minute brisk walk and then alternating 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking.  You alternate this for 20 minutes and then cool down with a 7 minute brisk walk.  It was easier than the first time I did this, which is a good sign.  This morning I'm feeling good - no major aches or pains, just my hip a little bit but that's been there for months.
 
I'm planning on doing it 3x a week, depending how I'm feeling.  I don't want to push myself and become injured again.  I'm most likely signing up for Cupid's Chase 5K which is in a town nearby on February 8th.  Saro and I did it last year and it was COLD but fun.  See that recap here.
 
Last night's results were:
2.06 miles
30 minutes
 


1 comment:

  1. Good luck!! I hope starting off again, you'll build up to it with no pain! You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete