Image Map

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Catering Temptations & Run Results

Since beginning the new job, it has been someone's birthday.  Every day.  Cake.  Every day.  I declined all but once.  I don't want to be rude! :)  There has also been muffins, bagels and danishes almost every morning.  I've been eating breakfast at home so I'm not really hungry until 11:00, when I'll have an apple.  Bleh.

I did cheat the other day and on my lunch break, grabbled a marble pound cake slice from Starbucks.  It wasn't worth the 350 calories.

For those of you who work somewhere that orders out or has catering almost daily, what are your tactics for "staying away?"  It's especially tempting because we don't have to pay!  Eek.

They did have a nice spring salad today with goat cheese crumbles, which I helped myself to.

I work across the street from a park so I am thinking about bringing sneakers and walking for 30 minutes (after eating at my desk).

My run results from last night:
Distance: 4.5 mi
Pace: 10:23 min/mi
Duration: 46:40

I'm supposed to do 3 miles OR cross train today... I'm going with cross training.  Tomorrow is supposed to be 4.5 again PLUS strength.  I'm skipping it and resting until 7 miles on Sunday.  I no longer experience muscle pain in my thighs (I guess because I'm "in shape")  but now I feel extreme tightness in my shins and calves.  I need to stretch better after running.

Have a good day - tomorrow is my Friday :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm really bad at resisting temptation but I always try and think of the "bigger picture." Like, am I going to be happy in 2 hours about eating that? Probably not. Or am I really hungry and need to eat that 2nd bagel, cookie, danish, etc. Or I usually make tea or hot chocolate if I need to curb my sweet tooth.

    ReplyDelete