Image Map

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Shopping Spree & A New Job

I'd like to go on a spree, that is.  I start a new job on the 18th and I'm nervous and excited.  I want to buy some new clothes to wear.  What are you favorite stores for business attire?  I will be in an office setting - similar to now. 

Before I shop 'til I drop, I NEED to clean out my closet - again.  Somehow, I take up the whole dresser and the closet in our room.  Saro uses the 2nd bedroom's closet for all of his stuff...lol.  Hey it was his idea. 

I always end up wearing the same things over and over... whatever is on top of the drawer...Anyone else do that?

I recently found a pair of Lauren Conrad dressy skinny pants at Kohl's so I bought 3 pair.  They were on sale for $20 something each.  You can dress them up or down.  I like Express but their pants can be kind of pricey...and the newest pair I bought from there around the holidays, the pant hem came undone already so I need to get them tailored.  Kinda crappy for $60 a piece.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to starting the new job.  It's a completely different field, so there is lots to learn and more opportunity.  I feel that I can definitely take skills I've picked up at my current job and apply it to the new job.

Plus, it's only a 3.4 mile commute whereas now, it's 20 miles one way!  That was a big plus.  I'll have an extra hour or so in the morning to either sleep, make and eat breakfast at home, or even exercise and get it out of the way :)

I went to school for teaching but never got into the field.  It's okay though - everything happens for a reason...which is what I tell myself every time I log on to Sallie Mae to pay my student loan.  I saw this earlier and it made me LOL.  I'm sure some of you can relate:



5 comments:

  1. White House Black Market! It's pricey but it lasts. Are your pants too long on you/are you wearing them with flat shoes that they are scraping the ground? I found thats when the hem of my pants come undone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I like that store.. I'll definitely go there. Hopefully they'll have a sale, ha. These pants were a little long but I was only wearing them with high boots so the bottoms weren't scraping. I'm going to get them fixed and shortened a bit.

      Delete
  2. Have you tried The Limited and Ann Taylor Loft? Good luck with the new job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Silva.. I actually went in to both on Saturday. I liked the Loft a lot and they had 30% off everything - I only got one blouse. It was SO crowded in there so I was getting frustrated... haha. I'm thinking about going back one night this week when it's quieter. I'm sure the sale is over though :-/ Also going to check out White House Black Market.

      Delete
  3. No clue you had a blog! Looks good...

    ReplyDelete