Image Map

Thursday, January 10, 2013

5K & Homemade bread crumbs

Back to the bread crumbs.  We put them in the food processor (after toasting and leaving them to sit out over night) with salt, pepper, parsley and garlic powder and used them on chicken cutlets.  They came out AMAZING!  I don't think I will ever buy packaged bread crumbs again!  Especially since they're loaded with salt (unless you buy salt free).  I skipped the flour and just dipped the chicken in egg and bread crumb.  We had that with baked yams and green beans.

We also signed up for a 5K (it'll be our 2nd one) which is on February 9th.  I was looking for a 10K but didn't see any in the area, and I really want to keep up with running during the winter.  We hope, come March 1st we can continue with the 10K and possible 13.1 training for SF in June.  Last night we headed down to the track and here are my results:

Duration: 33:39
Distance: 3.10 (5K)
Pace: 10:51 min/mile

I am happy about these results and I'm also down another 1 lb this week for a grand total of 15 lbs lost in 10 months! 

No comments:

Post a Comment