Image Map

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

In love with Crock Pot

Last year, after we moved into our house, my mom got us a bunch of cool things for the kitchen.  One is our crock pot.  We love it!  This morning, I threw 6 thinly sliced chicken breasts in there with 3/4 jar salsa, a few drops of lime juice and homemade taco seasoning (chili powder, cumin, sea salt, pepper, oregano, paprika, crushed red pepper flakes).  I plan on shredding it for chicken taco salad (no shells or sour cream :-/). 

3 years ago, Saro got me something I always wanted - a Kitchen Aid mixer.  I love that thing.  I recently saw different uses for it (Pinterest!).  One, being that you can throw in slow cooked chicken and use the paddle attachment to shred it!  Easier than shredding all that chicken with a fork.  So I think I will try that.  I plan on having the chicken over romaine with avocado & a little plain Chobani.

Here are last night's running results:

Duration: 36:07
Distance: 3.12 mi
Pace: 11:34 min/mi

I was getting that cramp in my right side again!  Frustrating because we've been running since last March and I never got it before.  I don't eat before I run and I drink a little water, not much.  I don't want to feel too full from drinking/eating before but I know it's important to stay hydrated.

Last night's plank challenge was 2:30.  I feel that 2 minutes is "easy" and after that, my body starts to shake and I just want to plop down on the floor.  Tonight is 3 minutes - eek.

No comments:

Post a Comment