Image Map

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Meat & Potatoes

My family was and still is big on meat and potatoes.  Some of the best meals I've had were with them.  Yummy filet mignon with yukon gold mashed potatoes.  YUM.  At ShopRite on Sunday I picked up some pork chops, 93% fat free ground turkey, 90% fat free ground beef and some cube steaks (haven't had in forever).  Last night on my ride home from work, I was thinking how I'd cook the cube steaks.  All the recipes I looked up were for deep fried, breaded cube steaks with gravy and mashed potatoes.  I knew I had some Ezekiel breadcrumbs left in the fridge as well as some potatoes so what I did was a little healthy twist.  I used 3 cube steaks (each about 0.4 lb), coated in almond meal and whole wheat flour, dipped in egg white and then dipped in the bread crumbs.  I pan fried them with coconut oil and then topped it off with caramelized onions.

For the potatoes, I boiled them and mashed with about 1 tbsp butter and 1/2 cup almond milk (used vanilla but you couldn't taste it).  We had leftover steamed broccoli so we had that too.  Here's a picture:


One serving of the meat was about 240 calories.  I had about 1/2 cup of potatoes (looks like more because I flattened it out) and 1 cup of broccoli for a total of about 450 calories.


I did some core work and planking last night.



I'm hoping to get a run in tonight because A) It's warm out B) I have to work until 10pm tomorrow C) We have plans Friday and all day Saturday.

Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment