Image Map

Monday, February 25, 2013

5K problems, Sore knee & Grocery trip

So the 5K was postponed - AGAIN.  I was so bummed because A) It was the 2nd Saturday I took off work for it and B) It was literally drizzling all day.  The conditions will never be perfect!  Luckily I am off this coming Saturday, the 2nd but I doubt they'll schedule it for then :-/  Oh well though! 

Friday night when I was walking the dog, I slipped on ice and banged my knee pretty hard.  Soo - it was probably better that I didn't run on Saturday morning, ha.  I iced it a lot on Saturday and took Motrin.  Sunday morning it felt 10x better so after work, we went for 4 miles.  Around mile #2, it started to feel really tight and a bit sore, so I walked about 1 mile out of the 4.  I iced it some more when I got home.

I thought the Oscars were pretty good and I really liked Jessica Chastain, Jennifer Aniston and Charlize Theron's looks.  Reese Witherspoon's look was nice too - she pretty much alwways looks good, as well as Halle Berry.  I always like to see what the actresses are wearing.  I have to catch up on some of those movies, though!  Tonight I'm going to see Identity Thieves with my girlfriends (our once monthly girls night) and I think tomorrow Saro and I are going to see Silver Linings Playbook.

So far, so good as far as meal planning and not spending $ on breakfast and/or lunch at work.  I still ended up spending around $90 at the grocery store yesterday, but got a decent amount of stuff.  I coupon when I can but it's hard for meats and vegetables, which is pretty much all I got yesterday as well as some other items.

Today I had an almond milk berry smoothie with flax meal for breakfast.  Snack will be an apple with peanut butter and lunch will be last nights leftover dinner (5 oz shell steak with 1/2 of a goat cheese/pesto/spinach stuffed portobello mushroom which I got the recipe from my friend - came out really good).

I bought lean ground turkey, a whole chicken and pork chops so tonight will most likely be ground turkey with spinach and brown rice before I head to the movies!

No comments:

Post a Comment