Image Map

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Dreams & Last Night's Dinner

I've been having strange, memorable dreams lately.  I go through periods of this from time to time.  No, I'm not pregnant.  Example - my SIL went to Germany yesterday for business.  She goes twice a year.  I knew she was going, ok no biggie, so one of my dreams last night was that I was going to Germany and I remember in my dream writing a Facebook status "GERMANY!"  It's often times things that are in the back of my mind and I'm sure subconsciously I think about them.

My crazy coworker was telling us this insane, sad story about how years ago, his cat got out of his apartment and someone killed it and left it on his doorstep!  Well obviously that was disturbing, so that night I had a dream that someone set our dogs bed on fire.  Ugh.  I find that this usually happens when I sleep for a long time.  Long meaning around 10 pm - 6:45 am.  Not that that's excessively long but it's close to 9 hours.  I should try to stay awake until 11.

Has this ever happened to you?

Last night we watched the movie "Flight" with Denzel Washington.  I thought it was good.  I don't think he's ever been in a "bad" movie.

I was supposed to make these for dinner on Sunday but we got tied up with something so my MIL cooked for us that night and I saved this recipe for last night.  Turkey & quinoa stuffed peppers.

1. Preheat oven to 350.

2. Sautee 4 cloves chopped garlic, half of a chopped vidalia onion, and the tops of the peppers (chopped) in olive oil for about 10 minutes.  While that's cooking, you can de-seed the peppers.  The recipe called for 6 peppers but I only had 3, so the leftover quinoa turkey mixture can just be had by itself.



3. Next, add 1 lb lean ground turkey, 6 oz tomato paste, 14 oz diced tomatoes to the garlic/onion/pepper mixture.  Cook for 5 minutes.


4.  Add the cooked quinoa (1 cup uncooked, boiled in 2 cups chicken stock and simmered for 15 minutes).  Mix thoroughly and then fill each pepper with the mixture.  Bake for 30 minutes.


5.  Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment