Image Map

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Fitness Pal & Breakfast Shake

Here's today's breakfast which is 1.5 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, a handful of strawberries and blueberries, a few mango chunks, 1 tsp flax meal, 1 tsp raw honey and a handful of spinach.  It was really good.. and filling.  I drink this on the way to work (7:30-8) and have a snack around 10:30.

This blender rocks.
 For lunch I brought white bean soup and after my apple with PB snack and two cookies (oops), I only have 333 calories left for dinner.  MFP (My Fitness Pal) gives me 1,220 calories per day which is NOT a lot, especially on days that I don't exercise.  My knee is feeling better and according to the schedule, I should run 3.5 miles today.  I'm not going to.  The Sunday run, I pushed myself a little to hard.  Plus tonight, I probably won't be home until 10:00.  Last night I did 30 minutes of core/Pilates which actually was good for my knee I think.

Tomorrow, I have a personal day.  I will cross train in the morning and prep a meal for the crock pot for dinner :)

I'm going to try this cashew cream that I'm hearing about lately.  I found a spinach and artichoke dip recipe which calls for cashew cream rather than sour cream, mayo and/or yogurt.  You just soak raw cashews in water over night, drain and blend.  Sounds interesting.  Nuts are so pricey though!

No comments:

Post a Comment