Image Map

Monday, July 22, 2013

Blueberry Cobbler Smoothie...

It's what's for breakfast.  Well, it's already down the hatch but I wanted to share the recipe because it was SO good and nutrient packed:

1 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/4 cup coconut water
1 cup packed spinach
1/2 cup packed kale
2 TBSP full fat plain Greek yogurt
6 ice cubes
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 of a frozen banana
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground flax

I mostly tasted the cinnamon!  Yum.  I added the little bit of yogurt to make it a little creamy.  With that, I had 1 peach, 1 scrambled egg and a cup of coffee.  Hopefully this will hold me over until noon :)

It's day # 22 and so far, the scale hasn't budged and I honestly feel the same I've felt the last few months.  I wish I had better news to report, but I feel good that I'm getting all of these nutrients in, in the morning (or for lunch).

I've been having a little too much bread & ice cream the last few weeks which probably isn't helping!  Nothing over the top but still.

Yesterday afternoon I went for a 5K walk - very fast paced.  Nope, my leg isn't liking that this morning.  On a pain scale from 1-10, I'd say it's a 7.  I'm really trying to avoid drugs, ibuprofen, etc and I'm hoping all of these friggin' berries and veggies I'm eating will help the inflammation.  I also don't really have the funds to go to the chiro and physical therapy 3x a week.  Talk about frustrating.

I hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment