Image Map

Friday, July 19, 2013

Simple Green Smoothies - Day #19

I only missed one smoothie day so far because we were camping and well, it would have been awkward to take my blender, spinach and fruit and blend it in the campground bathroom LOL BUT I did eat a lot of fruit while we were there so that sorta counts!

Today's smoothie was good but not icy enough again.  I tried to drink it fast because a warm fruit smoothie is no bueno.  It consisted of:

4 ice cubes
1/4 cup coconut water
1/2 cup almond milk
1 cup spinach
1/2 cup kale
4 strawberries
1/2 of a banana
2 mango slices
6 green grapes
1/2 cup mixed melon - cantaloupe and honeydew
2 TBSP FULL FAT plain greek yogurt (Trader Joe's)

You do not taste the spinach or kale AT ALL.  I just taste the sweetness of the mixed fruit.  The little bit of yogurt helps make it a little thicker and creamier.

For lunch, I had leftover dinner - chicken breast with some jasmine rice and 1 cup of chicken soup.  I would have taken the leftover squash but someone ate it last night.  AHEM *Saro*  AHEM.

I've been eating a lot of my MIL's jasmine rice lately :-x  It's SO good and not sticky, which is how mine usually comes out.  She says the key is rinsing it for 30 minutes before cooking it.



My morning snack was a kiwi.  I will probably be hungry again in 2 hours.

Dinner won't be until about 8:30 - a BBQ place for my cousin's birthday celebration.  Hmm... I see wings and beer in the near future.

Cheers!  It's the freakin' weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment