Image Map

Monday, July 1, 2013

Simple Green Smoothies

Well - Whole30 only lasted about a week for me.  My cousin asked me to try this simple green smoothie 30 day challenge with her.  Having a smoothie for breakfast is definitely doable as I used to do it almost everyday anyway.  For the last month, it's been 2 eggs for breakfast so I'm ready to switch it up.

This morning my smoothie consists of 2 cups packed baby spinach, 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1/2 cup pineapple, 1/2 of a frozen banana (I really don't like bananas but it's not so bad mixed in with a bunch of other crap), 1/4 cup papaya, 1/2 cup mango, 10 green grapes.  It's really good!  The only thing I wish is that it was a little bit colder so I think I'm going to stock up on frozen mango from TJ's.  I added a few ice cubes but it didn't do much.

If you're interested, join the challenge!  It's not too late!  Google Simple Green Smoothies and sign up on their website.  They'll email a weekly shopping guide and recipes but you can definitely create your own.

On another note, my leg is friggin' KILLING me today.  I was up from 3-4:30 last night because it hurt so bad.  I guess I shouldn't have went for that run yesterday.  Only 2 miles but I think it put me over the edge.  I most likely won't run the 5K this week  :(  Back to physical therapy tonight...

I did run it in 20 minutes flat which is good timing for me.  I can't seem to break 10 min/mile.

I hope you all had a great weekend.  I'm glad it's a 3 day work week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment