Image Map

Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Farmer's Market Goodness

On Sunday, we went to a sort of local farmer's market.  I say sort of because it's about a 45 minute drive, in the town of Warwick, NY.  I lived there for about 2 years when I was very small. 

Next time, I need to drive.  My mom drove - so she and my Gram were in the front and myself and my MIL in the back seat.  I get extremely nauseous if I'm not in the driver's seat.  Plus the roads going up there are very twisty, turny and hilly.  Oof.

Anyway, here are a few photos.





Gorgeous stuff and so fresh!  Not exactly cheap but not over the top, either.  Average.  I also bought two packages of fresh ravioli from one of the vendors.  It was buy two, get a lb. of linguini free.  How can you say no?

Sunday night I made the grilled veggie ravioli with a rosemary butter.  SO good.

Last night I made this:


Fresh pasta with shrimp and sausage
I honestly just threw this together.  We had the sausage in the fridge from the other day and I still had fresh pesto.  Here's the recipe if you're interested :)

3 organic garlic cloves (this stuff is seriously different than non organic.  The texture is different as it's not grown in China!)  I paid $5 for 3 heads of garlic.  Whatever - it's worth it because it's amazing
1 shallot
Lemon juice from 3 large lemons
4 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup white wine
1 lb shrimp
1 lb pasta
1/4 cup basil pesto
2 tbsp chopped parsley
5 sweet cooked italian sausages (I did them on a grill pan for about 30 minutes, turning every 5 minutes)
Salt, pepper

Saute the olive oil, chopped shallot, salt, pepper and minced garlic in a large frying pan for about 5 minutes.  Add raw shrimp, parsley and white wine.  Cook on medium for 10 minutes.  Chop the cooked sausage and add to the shrimp & sauce mixture.  Simmer while you cook the pasta (fresh only takes 2-3 minutes to boil - don't over cook!).

Mix shrimp/sausage mixture with the pasta and pesto and enjoy!

It came out so good and lemony!  I will definitely make it again.

Enjoy your day!

No comments:

Post a Comment