Image Map

Friday, July 26, 2013

Recipe: Shrimp in Chili Sauce & Coconut Milk

We really try to cook whatever is in the house before going food shopping again, ordering out, going to a restaurant, etc.  I knew we had shrimp in the freezer so I threw this together last night.  I did have to stop at the store for tomatoes and broth but I had everything else.


1 lb raw shrimp
2 cups cooked brown rice
2 medium tomatoes, chopped
1 cup chicken broth
1 tsp brown sugar
1/2 cup TJ's sweet chili sauce
1 cup thai kitchen organic coconut milk
Juice from 1 lemon

Serves 4

Thaw and rinse shrimp under cold water.  Pat try.  Marinate the shrimp in the sweet chili sauce for 30 minutes.  While that's marinating, bring the broth to a boil and then add sugar, lemon juice and chopped tomatoes.  Simmer for 10 minutes.  Add coconut milk and simmer 5 more minutes.  Add the raw shrimp and cook on medium until the shrimp turns pink.  Serve over brown, basmati or jasmine rice.

It had a mostly sweet flavor with a tiny bit of spice.  I wish it was a little more spicy :)

After that, I did a 10 minute arm workout with 5 lb weights (weakling right here but it's tough!), 30 minutes of pilates and a 40 minute walk with Murphy.  If you're wondering or even if you're not, my sciatica is pretty bad today.  I mean, it's been 3 months now and I'm getting extremely frustrated.  Definitely no running in the near future if it's irritated after a walk.

I think Murphy wonders what I am doing on the floor (maybe he thinks I'm hurt?!) so he needs to lay literally RIGHT next to me when I'm working out... LOL. 





TGIF - 2 + 1/2 hours and I'm outta here.  Perfect beach weather tomorrow which is where I will be :)

No comments:

Post a Comment