Image Map

Thursday, August 8, 2013

The Dairy Debate

What do you think about consuming dairy/cow's milk?  I've heard a bunch of people say that consuming cow's milk is for baby cows, not humans.  I do agree...until I need to have half and half or heavy cream (1-2 tbsp) in my coffee or full fat greek yogurt in my morning smoothie (a dollop = maybe 2 tbsp).  Other than that, I do try to avoid it.

I haven't purchased "regular" milk in about 2 years.  Almond milk it is.  But, I've tried it in my coffee and it's basically like adding water.  I've tried coconut milk creamer and blech - can't do it.  It has a strange after taste.

So, I'm thinking about trying to make almond milk creamer.  I'm not sure how cost effective it is, but it's worth a shot.  I do not use sugar in my coffee.

Do you like regular milk?  Nut milk?  Coconut milk?  I'd like to hear your thoughts on this.


Dairy Milk vs. Almond Milk


2 comments:

  1. I like emulate milk, honestly because I've never given it a second thought. My brother has been vegan for 17 years, he's always trying to get me to change things. I guess now that I have my boys, it's not just me, I should probably think of these things a little more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vanilla unsweetened almond milk is yummy...promise! I don't think I can go vegan but certain things I probably could. I like meat, chicken and fish but I'm also careful about what kind I buy.

      Delete